- 2 cups Pistachio nuts
- 2 Ripe avocados
- ¼ White onion: finely diced
- 1 Serrano chile: stemmed, seeded & minced
- ½ cup Cilantro sprigs
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- ¼ cup Pistachio nuts: crushed or finely chopped
- Cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
Lightly toast the pistachio nuts. Finely chop or process in a food processor.
Seed and peel the avocado. Dice the avocado.
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. With a spoon, stir the mixture while lightly mashing the avocado. Do not over process – the mixture should have a slightly coarse texture.
Transfer the Pistachiomolé™ to a serving dish. Sprinkle the surface with the crushed Pistachios. Garnish with the cilantro sprigs and lime wedges. Serve with tortilla chips